Thursday, October 4, 2012

What's in your pack?

Last night, I was getting my hunting gear ready for this weekend. So I started thinking was I packing enough gear or too much, or I even thought what I should I be packing that I am not. So here is what I packed for last weekend and what I am packing for this weekend. I am packing light right now, but the weather has been mild and I have only been going out in the evening for a few hours. So I really haven't needed much.

1. So far I have just taken my FieldLine fanny pack. But for the longer days in the woods I'll be taking my backpack instead. The backpack was really great for turkey season. The front zip pocket has smaller pockets inside for box calls. The fanny pack is roomy and of course I love the pink accents!

2. My pink camo Buck Knife. Can't go hunting with out a Buck Knife.
 3. Gloves. I can't stand it when my hands get cold. As the weather continues to get colder, I will be adding hand warmers & maybe even feet warmers. (Don't like cold feet either.)

4. Kleenex...

5. After watching my husband gut my doe last weekend, I purchased a field dressing kit. So this is an addition to my packing list. I just don't think I can put my hands in there without gloves on. Sorry...I get squeamish with blood and organs. But I'm gonna put the gloves on and give it a try when/if I kill a buck.

6. Range finder. So that I can map out yardages around my stand. And to range find some wildlife.  I would like to have a pair of binocs for watching the wildlife. I guess I will have to put them on my Christmas wish list.


7. Flashlight. I actually need to get a nice one. Or even just one of the lights that clips on the bill of your cap. Right now I just have a freebie compact flashlight. Maybe I should add a flashlight to my Christmas wish list too.

8. A new addition for this weekend if it arrives on time is my Just for Does chapstick. I'm a lip bitter. So I often have chapped lips. With last weekend's gusts of wind, I noticed I was bitting and my lips were getting chapped. I love the Just for Does scent free products so I thought I would give the chapstick a try. I'll add a comment below after I get to try it out and let you know how I like it.


9. My stainless steel water bottle.

Here is hoping everyone has a successful weekend hunting.
Let me know if you think I should ad something to my packing list.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Lady! I have a headlamp for you! :) Good luck this weekend! I am hoping the rain holds off.... :) good luck!

    ReplyDelete