Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Hunting Rituals

As I was getting ready to go hunting this weekend, I began to do things the same as I had done the week before when i was getting ready. I realized I was creating my own pre-hunt ritual. 

How many of you have a pre-hunting ritual? What does your ritual consist of?

My ritual begins with taking a shower with Just for Does scent free products.

Then I put on my Under Armor, dryed my hair (with no product, of course), finish getting dressed, and put on my face paint.

When we get to our hunting ground, we make sure that we close the truck doors quietly, spray down our bows and our entire bodies with Scent Away and then start walking to our stands.  There is one last part to my pre-hunting ritual... I stop for one last potty break before climbing into my tree stand. :)

Hubby then makes sure that I get up in my tree stand, wishes me luck and trods off to his stand.

I think that as the years go by and our son starts hunting, we will create more family pre-hunting rituals.

One thing, that I just realized is not apart of my pre-hunting ritual is...hubby and I do not kiss before we get in our stands. I am definitely changing that this weekend.

So tell me your hunting rituals.

No comments:

Post a Comment