Monday, October 15, 2012

Girls Hunt Day

Sarah & I

This week I had my first ever Girls Hunting Day!

Last week Sarah and I got to go out in the woods after work. Unfortunately we did not see anything in the stand. We did see 2 does when we were walking out of the woods.

This is also Sarah's first archery season. She started hunting last year during rifle season, but has been eluded by the whitetails of PA.

I get to Sarah's house to change my clothes and she greets me with gifts. A new flashlight and a head lamp. Sarah is so good to me! As we are putting on our face paint,  before going out in the woods, Sarah says to me "Is bad that I love painting my face?" I reply, "I like doing it to. I never put it on the same way." Our you can take the girl out of girly things but you will never take the girly out of the girl. Common it is still putting make-up on.

Maybe a reason why we did not see many deer was that Sarah's alarm on her phone went off while we were in the treestand. Nope...It's because all the crazy squirrels talking to the deer and telling them we were out there waiting for them. We are convinced that the animals communicate. We will not let our lack of seeing deer get us down. We will be back out in the woods again on another girls hunt. After hunting, we went down to our local tavern for a couple of beers. We talked about someday going on a big all women's hunt. Maybe for boars. How many of you ladies go on women only hunting trips? Do you get to hunt with your girl friends regularly? I know that this was just the first of many girls hunts, but I will remember this day always.

Going hunting with my hubby is a great bonding experience. But there is just something about hunting with your girlfriends.

2 comments:

  1. it was definitely a great experience! and we need to do it more!!! so much!! :) maybe we can have ann "anniversary" hunt every year! hahah love you girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree with you. We need to hunt together more often and YES we should have an "anniversary" hunt every year.

    ReplyDelete