Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Anticipation....

Opening archery day in PA, has been looming for so long. When it was finally the week before opening day, I was just so bubbly and excited. I couldn't stop smiling or contain myself. We had some trail came pictures of deer near my stand.
I had been doing my reading of Bowhunting World magazine and Hunting Mature Whitetails. I guess you could say I was on deer overload.  Can you sympathize with me?

Now remember, this was my first ever deer hunt. Like any new adventure...you really have no idea what you are getting yourself into. I started to realize that part of my excitement for my first hunt was that I was hopefully going to be able to provide for my family in a way that I have never done before. I grew up eating venison and I love it! So for me thinking about myself, shooting the deer and putting food on the table was unreal. I would eventually be cooking venison that I harvested.  It still excites me. I'm getting excited to hunt again this weekend, just thinking about it. I am going to take great pride in know that I can put food on our table that I harvested from the woods and not just meat that I bought at the supermarket.


No comments:

Post a Comment