Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Some Light Reading



(both cover pictures stolen from respective webpages)

I have been doing some reading over the winter months. I am trying to become more knowledgeable about whitetail hunting, especially bow hunting. Since I am new to hunting and archery, I figured there was not a better way than to read up on my new found past times.

Lee & Tiffany are my favorite hunting couples to watch. (Although I am becoming really fond of Driven TV and The Chase.) So of course, I had to read Hunting Mature Whitetails The Lakosky Way. I learned a lot about food plots and land management. You also get the background on Lee and Tiffany, I really enjoyed that part.

It was my hubby's decision on which magazine we would subscribe to. He chose Bowhunting World. Each month there is a wealth of information on bow hunting. In my current issue, I am reading about the must have deer calls. I do have Primos Tiffany Mid Tone Deer Grunt Call. But I have not mastered how to use it so I haven't taken it out to the woods.  One thing this article has convinced me of is that I want to purchase a doe bleat. What are your go to deer calls?

Now I need to find a new hunting book to read. Any suggestions?

1 comment:

  1. I go with one of Chad's old ones. I am not sure what it is called...but it makes the dogs no nuts....I will find out for you!

    ReplyDelete