Saturday, October 20, 2012

Balancing Life

Trying to balance everything in life can be tough sometimes. Especially for a family with young children that would like to get out in the woods to whitetail hunt as much as possible. We have been juggling our commitments, activities and family time to be able to squeeze in some deer hunting time.

Since I have discovered my new passion for hunting,  I want to be out in the woods all the time. My job is a 8-5 job so that prevents me from getting out during the week. We also have a 3 year old, so that prevents us from just picking up and going to the woods when ever we feel like. Then there is the weekends that I have to work and all the social engagements we have this time of year.  I am not able to get out in the woods as often as I would like too.

Today is our 6th annual pumpkin carving party. I don't want to give up our party, but I am bummed that I don't get to go out hunting today. The wind is supposed to be the perfect direction for my treestand tonight...but I won't be there. 

The kicker is that next weekend I have to work in the morning then we have another Halloween party to go to in the evening. (However, we may end up going late so that we can go hunting in the evening.) The first weekend in November I have a baby shower for a very dear friend and I wouldn't miss it for anything. So I'm gonna try to get out in the morning.  November 10th will be my last chance to get out, because the 12th is the last day of the first archery season. I will most likely have to work some, but I will try to schedule it so that I can get out for either a morning or afternoon hunt.

The shining light at the end of the tunnel is that we have taken the week of Thanksgiving off. We will be heading to New York to spend some time with my family and get out hunting with my brother and dad for their shotgun season. Then we get back home and will be able to get out to do some small game and turkey hunting. Monday, November 26th is opening day of rifle season in northwest PA. I took the first 2 days off. And I have not even really thought about the second season of archery or muzzleloader season (However, I don't have a muzzleloader. I'll have to see if I can borrow one.)

So the good news is, I do still have plenty of time to kill a big buck this year!

No comments:

Post a Comment