Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Girls with Guns

Ok ladies are you apart of one of these statistics? Have you started to carry a concealed weapon? Are you out in the woods hunting or at the shooting range?
Yes, yes, yes and yes I am. 

This year I bought a pistol and got my licence to carry a concealed weapon. This was my first time purchasing a firearm. 

At first I thought of it as a gun to have fun with on a Sunday afternoon at the range. But then there was an fugitive that was considered armed and dangerous that was hiding near my place of employment. When I got home that day, I put my pistol in my vehicle. Rarely do I carry the gun in my purse but I have it in my car now at all times.

Recently I also bought a rifle for hunting. So I am now apart of the women hunters statistic. This year is my first year hunting. I shot a doe so far during archery season. And we will see how I do during rifle season, it doesn't open for another month.  

So I am apart of the 67% that have a gun for protection, apart of the 66% that use a gun for target shooting and I am now apart of the 58% of women that use a gun for hunting. I am helping to make the statement "Women are buying more handguns, rifles and shotguns." true.

1 comment:

  1. these are some of the statistics I am most proud to be a part of...concealed permit, hand gun ownership, shot gun ownership, hunting rifle.

    ReplyDelete