Monday, October 1, 2012

Catch up on the last year

Christmas came with many camo gear, bow accessories and cold weather. When opening my gifts Christmas morning...I had under armour, Sugar Beet Crush, quilted camo pants, rage broadheads, tons of turkey calls, and a few more hunting accessories. I was very excited.

I got out on the weekends, often, to shoot my bow. I went to my first turkey shoot in February at our archery club. That was so much fun. There were not many women there, but I didn't mind. I did win a turkey in a shoot out. My husband also won a turkey. We had a good afternoon. So after that fun afternoon, I decided that a turkey hunt would be my first hunting adventure.

As the weather started to break, I was able to get out more often to shoot. Opening weekend for spring turkey season approached. Hubby went out to scout and set up our ground blind. The night before opening day, we went out to "put the turkeys to bed", as my hubby calls it. We got up early that cold Saturday morning and drove to our hunting area, walked out to the ground blind and got all situated and waited for the turkeys to start gobbling. And when they did....It was AMAZING. The turkeys sounded like they were sitting right on top of us. I have never experienced that type of adrenaline rush before. I was so excited to see a turkey and hopefully get a shot. After several hours and cold feet...we decided to call it a day. When we stepped out of the blind to find that someone had set up some decoys and was sitting on the other side of the field. Unfortunately when you have a 3 year old, you don't always have a babysitter, especially at 5 am. We did not get another chance to go out turkey hunting again.  Despite the disappointment of my first hunt...I still had a great morning and can't wait to hear the gobbles again.

No comments:

Post a Comment