Tuesday, October 2, 2012

3D Season and practicing

April was the start of 3D season here in Northwest PA. My husband and I became active members of our local archery club during the winter. We now enjoy going out as a family to help set the targets before the shoots. We load up our 4-wheeler, our 3 year old and head out to the club for a few hours and ride around in the woods setting the targets. We have some fun targets to shoot at.

The first shoot in April was chilly and rainy. But still fun. I did not have a very good score for my first shoot. That did not stop me. I started practicing several days a week. May came and I got my morning out in the ground blind for opening morning of turkey season. Then I got another chance at the 3D course. May's targets were turkeys. I did better that day, encouraging. That was also the day I decided that everytime I went to a 3D shoot, my goal would be to hit all the targets. It took me a while but, after much practice during the summer, August brought my first shoot with no missed targets. It was a victory for me. I felt accomplished. With this accomplishment, came confidence and my shooting improved even more.

September had the last two shoots of the season, the deer shoot and the hunter warm-up. The hunter warm-up was my best shoot. It gave me more confidence that I was lacking going into my first deer hunting season. It was perfect timing, this shoot was the weekend before opening archery season in PA.


I'm ready for archery season!

No comments:

Post a Comment