Friday, June 28, 2013

Summer Family Fishing!


I have fond memories of fishing at a local reservoir and family fishing trips to Black Lake, NY when I was a child. This is a family tradition I want to pass on to my son and make new memories with my own family. (Oh, and invite my dad and brother to tag along too.) I want G to learn to fish and hopefully he will love it (or at least appreciate it) like hubby and I do.

It is hard to believe that we are at the end of June already. Even though the weather has not been great this month, we have been able to get out fishing weekly. I really look forward to our mornings on the lake. And getting our freezer stocked with fish. I have fished more this year so far than I have in the past several years.

Late spring fishing 
My lil fisherman

















That is partly because G is 4 years old now and  is really starting to understand what fishing is about. He gets excited when the bobber goes under and when he gets to reel in a fish. He does not always fish with us, sometimes he brings his tractors to play with or pretends he is the captain of the boat telling us where to fish.  But he knows that we are on the boat to fish.

So far this year we have been blessed by the Blue Gill fishing gods. We usually catch 30 on average each trip They are soooooo tasty!


One of my catches (nice hair)
Hopefully the weather will cooperate this weekend and we can start to do some pike fishing. Don't get me wrong I love catching blue gill after blue gill. I just like to put some variety in my freezer. I can guarantee you that if the pike aren't biting, I will be fishing for blue gill.

UPDATE - I got a fishouflage tackle box instead of a pink camouflage. Love it! I'm still working on filling my tackle box.  Hopefully by the end of the summer it will be full.

Happy Fishing!


3 comments:

  1. And if truly want pro's tip's and rigs to complicated for you to understand. And explantions way to complex. I am the dude.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun! Morning family fishing trips! I should put a bug in hubby's ear. I'm sure he would love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. HickChickBritt - you should definitely go on a morning family fishing trip. It is sooooo peaceful! I love it!

    ReplyDelete