Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Michelle the Huntress

I have decided to introduce you to some of my Huntress friends. So today I will introduce you to Huntress Michelle Mattis. Michelle and I have been friends for quite a few years. She is just getting into shooting a bow and back into hunting. Here is my brief interview with her.

What was your first hunting experience?
Michelle: At the age of 12 or 13. I went to the "big woods" in Warren with my uncle and cousins. I climbed a big hill and sat for hours with out seeing a deer.

Who got you into hunting?
My uncle when I was a child. And you. (She is referring to me, the author when she says "you".)

What is your most memorable hunt?
Climbing the hill and vomiting. Then my cousins telling me suck it up. There is also the time when my cousin lost his contact and took my glasses to wear so he could see to hunt.

How would you like to hunt with your sons someday?
Yes, I think Damon would be the one more likely to go out hunting with me.  I would also like to find a significant other someday, that likes to hunt.

What are your other hobbies?
May 3D Shoot
I work full time as a phlebotomist. I like to got to 3D archery shoots. Boating on the lake in the summer. Also like to dance. When the weather is nice I like to get outside and walk. Ride 4 wheelers.

What do you feel are your obstacles for when you go hunting?
I am afraid of being in the tree stand.  I am afraid of heights. Not seeing anything is also an obstacle I do not want to have.

What are your favorite hunting sites?
Just for Does, The Crush and A Little Pink in a Camo world. Michelle is the recent Facebook winner of a pair of Muck Boots. Just for Does and Muck Boots were having the giveaway. Way to go Michelle!

What motivates you to stay involved with hunting and the outdoors?
You and Caleb. (Caleb, author's husband.) And the strength that I am gaining from shooting my bow. Best part is the "girls" are getting perkier!


How do you stay informed on hunting issues?
You and Caleb.

No comments:

Post a Comment