Thursday, June 6, 2013

Outdoor Summer Fun

Temps are finally warming up (for the most part). I love being out side when the weather is warm.  However, my house suffers in the summer because I get home from work, change my clothes and head outside with my 4 year old son & hubby. I don't want to be inside cooking, let alone being side because I have to clean. I wanted to tell you what we like to do when the temperature rises.

Here are my top favorite outdoor activities in the summer:

  • Being on the water. Whether we are canoeing down a creek or on our pontoon boat (we spend most of our time on the pontoon). We do a LOT of boating during the summer. We meet up with our friends, anchor the boats and hangout all day on and in the water. One water sport that I would like to try doing is kayaking. 

 
  • 4 wheeling is another favorite summer activity. There is something about riding all day and getting muddy that just puts a smile on my face. 
  • Cookouts & picnics. Hubby is the grill king in our house. We eat our dinner out on our porch almost every night in the summer. Eating outside after a crazy day at work just relaxes me and puts my mind at ease. We also enjoy getting together with our friends for cookouts.
  • Fishing! I crave a good fish fry, especially when it is the fresh fish that you caught that day. Fishing is becoming a family weekend activity. I hope to be able to start fishing at least once a week with my hubby and son for the rest of the summer.


  • 3D shoots. On any given shoot, we have about 3 or 4 friends with us. Sometimes we even have a larger group of friends shooting that we divide into girls/guys groups. There is just something about girl time in the woods!
  • I enjoy hiking. Walking through nature trails, a field or the woods with my family looking for wildlife. Sometimes we also drive our truck around at night to spot of deer.
  • Last but not least camping with my family. Last year was the first time we took our son camping in a tent.  I want to do a little more camping this year, even if we just camp in our backyard on the weekends. I think we will camp in our backyard next weekend! G will love it.

What are your favorite summer outdoor activities? What should I try?

3 comments:

  1. I love everything about summer!! Except the mosquitoes... they've been absolutely terrible here. However, we've been spending a lot of time in the pool, at the lake and still shooting our bows! I love that it doesn't get dark until late either... Oh, and cooking everything on the grill :) I could go on and on..

    P.S. I also need an email to contact you about featuring your son on our Jr. Outdoorsmen Feature :) elizabeth@deerpassion.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, just found your blog from Deer Passion /\ /\ Looks like we have a lot in common! Look forward to reading more. You guys have a pontoon boat? That's awesome we call them party barges around here. haha. I live in Washington state, how about you?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for finding me. You can also follow me on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/Alittlepinkinacamoworld. We can chat more there. I am from Pennsylvania. We love our pontoon!

      Delete