Sunday, June 16, 2013

Dreaming of Hunting Season

This past weekend we were out on our boat fishing for blue gill. As I sat there watching my bobber, I found myself daydreaming of hunting. So today I looked up the opening date.
 There are 110 days until PA archery hunting season starts.

Typically the temperature is on the rise in June and we are starting to spend our weekends on the lake. I love the long lazy sunny days playing in the water and reading in the sun or fishing. I would be extremely happy if we had a few more weeks of warm weather here in PA. This year my mind is skipping over summer and looking forward to the fall and hunting season. (I'm NOT trying to wish my summer away by any means.) Usually I don't start thinking about the fall until August.

I have started watching hunting shows again. When ever I am home and in the house I turn either the Outdoor Channel or Sportsman Channel on. Even if I am not sitting down watching. I like to listen while I'm cooking dinner or doing other chores.  I would venture to say that I might have deer on the brain!


All the new promos for the new season of hunting shows are starting to surface. They are just fueling my daydreaming. I can't wait for July when the new seasons start.

This time of year can really get you excited for hunting, whether you are starting to watch hunting shows again, starting to practice shooting, scouting for places to put your tree stands or getting your food plot in. Which ever stage you are at, have and keep dreaming!

Are you getting excited about hunting season? What gets you excited to hunt?

1 comment:

  1. YOu best not be wishing my summer away i got lips to rip bass season hasn't even started.

    ReplyDelete