Friday, May 17, 2013

Wind and Cold

It seems as though the Wind Gods are trying to deter me from hunting. Let me recall for you a few of my hunting experiences.

Spring Gobbler season 2012...Opening day...COLD! But the turkeys were gobbling. It was calm morning, or at least it seemed that way since we were sitting in a blind. I saw 2 deer that morning.

Early archery season 2012...Opening Day... Hubby and I go hunting in the evening. It was a beautiful evening, warm and the wind conditions were good. I shot a doe. The next few weekends of archery season are beautiful but the wind was not in my favor. I did not get a chance to shoot at anything else.

Rifle season opens on a breezy day. It was chilly and windy for the entire rifle season.  I didn't get to hunt much during rifle season. The only deer I ended up seeing during rifle season were in the morning before it was light enough to see if exactly I was looking at or they were running or the dead ones that other hunters shot.

Spring Gobbler season 2013...I didn't get to hunt until the second Saturday because of work. It was warm but breezy. Saw one turkey, but no shot. The next Saturday was cold, rainy and windy. Heard a gobble and  couple hens clucking, but saw nothing. There was not a lot of movement in the woods.

How do you handle the wind and cold? I guess I will have to toughen up...lol. Learn to layer my clothing better to help me stay warmer. Getting out of my tree stand and getting into a blind would probably also help keep me a bit warmer. Or maybe I just need to ask Santa for a Heater Body Suit.



No comments:

Post a Comment