Monday, May 13, 2013

The Beauty of the Woods

This weekend as I sat in the woods waiting to see a turkey, I was reminded of how beautiful being in the really is. Then I got to thinking about how beautiful the woods are all year round. 

During the cold gloomy days of winter it is easy to forget to see the beauty around you. But as I sat in the woods this past weekend, I was memorized by all the green. The newness that Spring holds. Spring is a beautiful time with all the new growth; leaves, grass, and flowers.

Winter shooting fun
I was having fun shooting my new gun on this winter afternoon, but it was really cold.

1st Spring turkey hunt of the year
I know this picture is not a great picture of the new new green in the woods. But here is a better one.
Spring hunting


Summer shooting practice
Everything is lush and green during the summer. I love warm summer days! We shoot our bows almost every evening in the summer. Then we either shoot our guns, fish or go boating on the weekends.

Then I started thinking about my favorite time of year and how beautiful it is during deer season. I love fall and all it's splendor. I have always loved fall, even before I became a huntress.

early fall archery season
These last pictures are what I dream of when I dream of fall.





And some day I will hunt in the fall in a place that looks like this....


No comments:

Post a Comment