Wednesday, May 15, 2013

End of Spring Inventory

It's that time of the year to sort through all of our hunting gear. See what needs washed, repaired or replaced.  If I don't go through things now, it will be September and I will not be ready for hunting season.  Here is my hunting inventory list:

* Equipment- Make sure all your guns are clean and even take the time to clean your bow.  (A good time for me to finally learn how to clean my guns..oops...I''m a bit spoiled!) Make sure your strings on your bow are waxed or get them replaced if they are really frayed.

* Apparel- Make sure to wash everything. I use Scent-A-Way by Hunter's Specialties. In addition to my clothing I also wash my backpack and fanny pack. They get dirty too! I just recently discovered gortex wash, so I might give that a try this year for my rain clothes.  Also make sure to inspect your clothes to see if they need any repairs. I'm ready to get my needle and thread out to stitch up a few rips my hubby has in his pants. Does all your clothing still fit? If not think about handing it down to a younger hunter that may have outgrown last years clothing. Or better yet, give it to a new hunter!

* Footwear- Do you need new boots? Check your boots over for any holes or rips. If you need new boots get them now so you have time to break them in. You will be happy when you don't have blisters during hunting season.

* Stand or blind maintenance- Check over your tree stand or blind thoroughly.  Do you need new tie straps, tree steps or does your blind need a patch job? Or is just time for a new one? Do some research and decided what stand you want to get. Then watch for it to go on sale!

* Scent products- Make sure all your sprays have not expired. Do you need a new bottle of Tinks? How about scent wafers? What is your supply like?

Once you have you inventoried your hunting gear, shop for things that need replaced. You will be happy when hunting season comes around and you are already to go. Now head outside and practice shooting your bow and/or guns!

No comments:

Post a Comment