Sunday, May 5, 2013

Fishing Gear

Now that spring has arrived (well mostly arrived). My family is thinking about fishing. We need to restock our freezer with some fresh perch, crappie and pike.

As I mentioned in my last post, I have been purchasing some new fishing gear. And considering purchasing a new tackle box.

I grew up fishing for bass, walleye and pike with my father. But this was not  enough action for me. So I started pan fishing while my dad fished. I soon discovered how fun pan fishing was. I rarely fished for anything else from that point on. Now that I am get excited about fishing again, I keep thinking about the fun of pan fishing and hoping to pass the excitement on to my son.

So I have purchased a few packs of tube jigs, sinker hooks and bobbers. My favorite tube jig has a red body with a chartreuse skirt. So I purchased  a fairly large quantity of the jigs. As fun as pan fishing is, I will also want to give pike fishing some time too. So I will look to purchase some spinner baits, Mepps and other pike lures.

Spinner Bait

Mepps

And this is a pic of the tackle box I am looking at purchasing.


Yes I like to have a little pink in everything I do.

What are your favorite pike or pan fish lures? I would love to hear your suggests and will give them a try.

1 comment:

  1. This funny i love this i am read my sister's break down between a saftey pin spinnerbait and an in-line mepps style spinner i love it. Cristy question is that spinnerbait up there a closed or R bend spinnerbait i was just wondering. I seem to be confused help me. And by the way you wanna catch those green bass for the green cash!

    ReplyDelete