Thursday, May 9, 2013

Refocusing...

As in the comment I left on my post about Goals for 2013, I have not kept up with my goals. Work, life, and laziness got in my way. So now it is time to re-evaluate my goals and refocus.

So my original goals for 2013 were:
*Being the best wife, mother and friend I can be.
*Taking care of myself.
*Being outside more.
*Practice Practice my archery shooting. 
*Fishing.
*Learn more about guns.
*Blog more.
*Harvest more game.
*Improve 3D scores.

Let's start with what I have been working on.  I am trying to be more patient with my family. But I can still work on that and being a better friend. Now that the weather has turned nicer here in Northwest PA, I am outside everyday.  I am working on my tan too. :)  With the warmer weather I have been shooting my bow almost everyday. We have had two 3D shoots at our archery club this year and I shot all of them. My scores for the 2nd shoot were better than my first. I did take a hiatus from blogging but I'm getting back in the groove now.

Now for the goals I have not quite reached. I still need to make more time to call my friends and be even more patient with my family. If I would get into a regular workout pattern, I think I would have more energy and patience to be my best. So I have not been taking care of myself. I have not fished yet this year. Learning more about guns is still on my list. Currently it is Spring Gobbler in PA so I am working on harvesting a turkey.

First I feel I need to pair down my goals a bit. Then I can really start to refocus and get somewhere with my goals. So here are my paired down goals for the rest of 2013:

*Actively be more patient with my family.

*Figure out a plan to take better care of myself and lose some weight.

*Continue to practice shooting my bow and get some practice with shoot my guns also.

*Once our boat gets docked for the summer, get out and start fishing again!

*Actually purchase the book Shoot and read it.

*Keep blogging.

Being a full time working women, mom, wife and hunter do not leave a whole lot of time for other things. But I realize that I need a few other things in my life to make me the best that I can be at all of the above. So tonight when I get home I am focusing on making decorations for a friends baby shower, shoot my bow if I have time, snuggle with my lil man while reading him a story, and then snuggle with my hubby while watching the hockey game tonight!

Have a great night.

No comments:

Post a Comment