Monday, July 8, 2013

Sarah the Huntress

As I said before, I want to introduce some of my friends that are huntress'. So without further ado, I would like to introduce you to Sarah Thomas (aka...soon to be Mrs. Sarah Brickner!).


What was your first hunting experience?
With my grandpa Masson. I would say I was 8 or 9 and we went squirrel hunting in the woods behind my grandparents house. I also got to use the .22 that was given to my mom on her 12th birthday from my grandpa.

Who got you into hunting?
I would say my grandfather, Masson, at a young age...but now my fiance got me back into it a little over 2 years ago.

What is your most memorable hunting experience?
Hunting with Cristy (the author) on a "girls day hunt". It was a lot of fun and we didn't have the guys there telling us what we were doing wrong or anything. :) We had good quality girl time in the woods and we didn't even see a deer. 

Since you are getting married soon. Do you plan to continue hunting as you start your new family?
We absolutely will continue to hunt and as kids arrive we will be teaching them to
hunt also. Chad and I are disagreeing on the age...but our children will definitely be involved in the hunting world.

Can you elaborate on things you are excited to pass on to your kids?
I am most excited to pass on the 30/30 that I use to hunt with. It was Chad's grandfather's gun that has been passed down through his family. I am also excited to pass on stories of my grandfather's hunting days.

What are your hobbies, besides hunting?
I love to be out in the sun! I love boating. I also want to see all the 7 wonders of the world before I die. I hope that as a family, down the road, we will travel as much or more than I did growing up.

What are the obstacles you face when hunting?
The biggest 2 obstacles that I face are: 1. being color blind. I have a really hard time seeing different colors. 2. I want to shoot to kill. I struggle with the possibility of walking up onto an animal laying there suffering.

What are your favorite hunting sites?
I don't spend a lot of time online looking at hunting stuff....however I am a sucker for Girls with Guns, Just for Does and Her Camo Shop.

Who inspires you to stay involved in hunting?
My fiance Chad does. I would say in our lifestyle I don't have much room to say no or not be interested. Also another big motivator is our friends...almost all of them hunt.

How do you stay informed on hunting issues?
Chad and his father are very up to date on all that stuff, so I always hear it from them!

1 comment:

  1. Look at those two aren't they just the cutiest lil hunting couple you ever did see. There Thema and Louise. Good Luck this fall Sara Berracuda.

    ReplyDelete