Sunday, July 28, 2013

Friday Fish Recipes - Bluegill

Sorry again. I was busy with one of my best friend's wedding this weekend.

Unfortunately, life has been busy and we have not been able to get out fishing. So we have not got to put any pike or walleye in the freezer. :( 

Since my freezer is full of Bluegill, I thought I would just post recipes to cook them.

These recipes can be found on the Outdoor Channel website. So this first recipe intrigues me. I love Mexican food, but I have not been a fan of seafood in Mexican food. But Bluegill fajitas sound delish.

Bluegill Fajitas
1 tsp lemon pepper
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp onion powder
6 Tbsp lime juice, divided
1-1/2lb bluegill fillets cut into 1/2" strips
4 tortillas

Combine lemon pepper, salt, garlic powder, onion powder and 4 Tbsp of lime juice in a resealable plastic bag, add fish. Seal and shake; chill 30 minutes.

Grill fish, covered with grill lid, on a grill rack coated with nonstick cooking spray over medium heat for 4 to 6 minutes on each side or until fish flakes with fork. You may broil if you wish
Load up each tortilla with fish and the toppings of your choice.

Bluegill Fritters
1 cup flour
1 tsp salt
1/4 tsp black pepper
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp onion powder
1/4 tsp paprika
1 tsp baking powder
1 egg, separated
2/3 cup milk
1 Tbsp butter, melted
2 cups bluegill fillets, flaked
oil for deep frying

Preheat oil to 370 to 375 degrees.  Sift together flout, salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika and baking powder. Mix egg yolk with milk and add to dry ingredients; beat well. Add melted butter. Fold in stiffly beaten egg white and fish flakes. 

Drop by tablespoon fulls into hot oil. Fry until golden brown. Drain on paper bag. 

Serve at once with horseradish  and ketchup, chili sauce or wasabi sauce.

I think I will have these at our next party. Sound so yummy!


No comments:

Post a Comment