Monday, July 8, 2013

Dreaming Of A Moose Hunt

Recently, I have been dreaming about hunting all the time. Daydreaming and dreaming at night. My most recent dream was very vivid. It was about a moose hunt.  I wonder if shooting my guns the other day had something to with this dream.

In my slumber, I was sweetly dreaming of hunting a moose…my ultimate dream hunt. It started with the family driving. My son was a teenager. It was a family adventure.


We arrived at the outfitter late afternoon. We were all tired but excited to finally have reached our destination. I was beaming from ear to ear, because I was finally going to go on a moose hunt.

The lodge was beautiful, beyond my expectations. I was in heaven.  We were shown to our sleeping quarters so that we may freshen up before dinner and our talk about hunting strategy for the week. We had a nice room with our own bathroom for the 3 of us. At dinner we were introduce to Todd our guide for the week. After dinner we talked to Todd about what he had planned for the week for us. Then it was off to bed.

The next morning we are out in the bush searching for moose. Todd made cow calls to no avail. It wasn’t until later that afternoon, as Todd called again and again. We saw a bull moose about 100 yards away. G had the best view of the moose. Unfortunately the moose did not come close enough for anyone to get a shot. So we called it a day. The next couple of days were the same. We saw moose but no shots.

Finally, I got my chance.  With only a few days left, Todd was cow calling again. I was hidden in the bush with a clear path for shooting. I could see him coming, walking closer and closer, grunting the whole time. He was finally in my site. I waited for what felt like an eternity for him to present me with a shot. Finally, he was standing in my path and I had my site on the sweet spot. I took a deep breath and shot. My heart started racing…I pounding was so loud that was all I could hear…did I get him? Yes…I finally shot a moose…a dream come true!

The next day, hubby and G went out and were both lucky to each shoot a moose.


Then I woke up….WOW!!! That was the best dream ever.

I can only hope that someday I will get a chance to go on a moose hunt.



2 comments:

  1. If all goes well which i feel it will. Your brother will make that a reality for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have the best brother a girl could ask for!

    ReplyDelete