Sunday, November 4, 2012

New Adventure

Yesterday, we ventured out to the woods and brush in search of small critters. This was my first time small game hunting. My husband has always said how he actually loves small game hunting even more than deer hunting. I couldn't understand it....

Hubby, FIL, Miller (FIL's beagle) and I started hunting on this cool November morning. We were not 10 minutes into our hunt and  hubby shot a pheasant.
He was shocked. According to hubby and FIL, that have not seen pheasants in the area in many years.

We walked on in search of rabbits and more pheasants. Miller started hunting and we started seeing rabbits. Both FIL and hubby were not shooting at them because they wanted to give me all the opportunities to shoot  one. However, I quickly discovered that I do not have the fast reflexes to shoot a rabbit or pheasant. (no pun intended) :(

I had opportunities to shoot at 4 or 5 rabbits and one pheasant. I just could not get my gun up in position and the safety off fast enough. I was bummed out. But every time I saw a rabbit or a pheasant, I got the adrenalin rush that hubby was trying to explain to me. It was not the same adrenalin rush for me as seeing deer, but enough to give me the itch to try it again, but not with out some practice pulling my gun up faster.

I'll keep you posted on my practice and my next small game hunt.




No comments:

Post a Comment