Friday, November 30, 2012

Thanksgiving Week

This Thanksgiving Week has been a roller coaster ride for my family. 

The week started out nicely, spending some time with my family. I hunted with my brother, dad and husband for the first time. We had a full family photo done for my mother's birthday. Took her out to dinner. We picked our new addition to the family, our beagle puppy Sage.

Hubby and I did not get to go out small game hunting like we had wanted to. But we did have a nice Thanksgiving dinner out with his family at a local restaurant. Then we settled in for a movie at home and enjoyed the evening .

Black Friday, brought a whole new meaning to our family. Again we were not able to get out and do any hunting. Of course, with a new puppy we have to go outside first thing after we wake up. So I trotted out side with the puppy and our lab. After Sage did her business, we headed inside but our lab stayed outside. A few minutes later there was a knock on the door...our lab had been hit by a car. It was not a good way to start our day. That night was the most shaken up I have seen  my husband. He showed our 3 year old son where Remi was buried and told him that he would not be coming back. Our son has taken our pet loss well. I think it is due to the new puppy.

Remi was a good dog, even though he got on my nerves. He will be missed.

1 comment: