Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Growing my hunting Closet


 The 2012 hunting season is quickly coming to a close. It has been quite an adventure for me. I tried turkey hunting, bow hunting for deer and small game hunting. Before the year is over, I will also have tried my hand at hunting with a rifle and a muzzleloader.

As my year and experience has progressed, I’ve found myself in need of more hunting apparel and accessories. I started the year out with a water proof suit that is light weight, that my hubby bought me along with Coldgear Under Armour for Christmas last year. My FIL also bought me a pair of quilted pants at Christmas. The water proof suit was a perfect hunting outfit to start out with because it worked for spring turkey season and early bow season.  

Now that I have tried small game hunting, I find myself needing a good pair of brush pants. I ordered this pair from LL Bean. 
I have not had a chance to go small game hunting since the brush pants arrived in the mail. But hopefully I will get to go a couple of times over Thanksgiving. I could also use a hunting vest to wear while small game hunting. However, I haven’t killed anything while small game hunting so it hasn’t been a problem. J

Since the rut has started and gun season is approaching along with the cooler temps, I have been looking for a warmer hunting jacket. I have been considering a women’s Redhead jacket from Basspro. 

But I am going to go shopping this week to see if I can find something else that I like.

Someday I think I would like to get Scent Blocker’s Sola outfit or Under Armour’s Grim Reaper.


Now that I know that I like hunting. I did not want to buy a more expensive suit at first, in case I did not like hunting.

What hunting suit do you wear the most?
 Do you layer with Under Armour or do you like something else better?

1 comment:

  1. I am not into hunting that much, my boyfriend likes to do that with his friends sometimes, all of these are nice.

    ReplyDelete