Friday, August 9, 2013

Friday Fish Recipes - Other Fish

Today I thought I would give you a couple of recipes for trout. I don't eat or fish for trout much. But I wouldn't mind fishing for trout now and again.

My first trout recipe I found on the Legendary Whitetails website.



Grilled Tequila Lime Trout was submitted by a fisherman. This recipe would go nice with rice pilaf or even a baked potato.

My second recipe is Lemon Smoked Trout. Charles Evans submitted this recipe to Bass Pro.


INGREDIENTS

Approximately 2 half pound trouts
1 lemon
salt 
paprika
cayenne pepper 

Directions
Clean fish leaving head and skin on.

Rub the lemon on the inside of the fish.

Mix the salt, lemonpepper, paprika and cayenne pepper and rub it on the inside of the fish.


Place the fish on the smoker rack or hang from hooks depending on type of smoker you have.

Add whole peppercorns and lemon peels to whaterver type of smoking material you are using
(I use hickory sawdust with a mix of chickory)

Smoke fish for approximately 15 to 25 minutes
(again depending on type of smoker)

Serve with potato salad, and a nice cold beer.


My last recipe for today is Pan-Fried Trout. I found this recipe on What's Cooking America website. Check it out. It has some really neat recipes and tips on all things cooking.






No comments:

Post a Comment