Wednesday, August 7, 2013

A Little Hunting Poem

I found a bow hunting poem a while back that I really enjoyed. So I thought I would give it a try.
Here is my little hunting poem



I climb up this ladder stand, 
15 ft up in the air,
 have to be still, quiet and stealthy,
Now I  WAIT, 
sometimes for days I WAIT to see deer,
when and if the opportunity presents itself, 
I MUST carefully place my arrow straight into my prey, 
ethically... in order to put dinner on the table.

 For non hunters,
 this is just a little glimpse of hunting. 
Providing for my family on a whole other level.
Bow hunting is not for everyone. 
Yet I love the challenge. 
 I cherish the opportunities and the successes.
The thrill of the hunt can only be felt by a hunter. 

 I am a bow hunter! :)



No comments:

Post a Comment