Monday, February 18, 2013

Guns to Carry

There is a lot of talk going on among my friends and every where else about buying guns. All types of guns - home protection, a concealment weapon and of course hunting guns. Have you bought a gun lately?

Last year about this time, I purchased my first gun. A Taurus .38 special with a laser grip. It was purchased for a protection weapon and a gun of my own to take to the range to shoot. I enjoy shooting it. Especially using the laser when I shoot the zombies targets. I point the laser right on the head of the zombie...lol. However, I feel that it is a little to heavy to carry in my purse. I do have a holster but I feel that it is a bit awkward to use all the time. Also without a jacket or large sweatshirt, I can't conceal it well.



So I decided to get a litter 9mm. I bought a Taurus slim 9mm.  Hubby got me a pink handle grip for Valentine's day.


Now this was a hard decision for me. Hubby wanted me to make the decision all on my own. Going into the gun shop, I was dead set on purchasing a Beretta Nano.


 I liked it but it was a bit heavier than the Taurus. The handle was also a bit chunkier for my little hands. But it was smooth and pretty. Then I saw the Taurus. It was a bit lighter than the Nano and was slimmer. My hand fit around the handle better. But I still wanted the Beretta. It is an American made gun. As I handle each gun more, I realized there was no safety other than the trigger on the Nano. That made me got nervous. What if something got wrapped around the trigger and the gun went off or god forbid, my child was in my purse and pulled the trigger. So eventually I realized that I was going to have to give up on the Nano and purchase the Taurus. I am more comfortable knowing there is a safety and the longer trigger pull.

I have not shot it much yet (it's been cold & rainy here on the weekends), but I like how much lighter the 9mm is than my .38. I carried the gun for the first time this pass weekend and I was completely comfortable and happy to know I was carrying. I don't get to carry my gun everyday, because I work on a college campus. I will start putting it in my purse on Friday evenings when I get home.

Do you have a gun that you carry? What is your favorite gun to carry?

No comments:

Post a Comment