Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Goals for 2013

Happy New Year! Sorry for being M.I.A. I'm back and want to write about my life as a wife, mom, friend, hunter, and all around outdoors woman. 2012 was a memorable year. I tried so many new things; I participated in my first Techno Hunt league, started going to 3D shoots, turkey hunted, small game hunted, and killed my first deer. I am looking forward to an even better 2013. My son will be 4 in a few short months, that will mean new and exciting things in my life. And I am looking forward to hunting more deer, turkey and small game with my hubby (and maybe this year my brother will get me out goose hunting.). I'm also excited to see how good of a hunter Sage, our beagle pup, will be.

To help make 2013 a better year I have set some goals for myself and I wanted to share them with you. Feel free to check in on me throughout the year and see how I am doing. Keep me on track.

* Be the best wife,  mother, and friend I can be. That starts with taking better care of myself. Then making sure to make the effort for more quality time with my family and friends.

* The above stated "taking care of myself" entails getting to the gym. I want to try to get to the gym for 2 days of cardio and 2 days of lifting (which is Body Pump class that I am loving).

* Just being outside more. Enjoying all the wonders of the outdoors.

* With that said, I want to get outside to shoot my bow more. Practice Practice. I would like to be over 50lbs by archery season this year! (I was at 47lbs.)

* Get a fishing license and go fishing with my hubby and son. Good quality family time on the water. Maybe even get to fish some with my brother and dad.

* Learn more about guns and hunting. Get out an shoot my guns more, become more comfortable with a gun in my hands. I am ordering the book Shoot by Julie Golob to help me learn more about guns and shooting. Learn how to clean my guns....I know I know...hubby has been doing it for me.

* Blog more often about my life and all things outdoors.

* Harvest more deer this year. I wanna feel that rush again. I would also like to shoot some rabbits, pheasants & turkeys.

* Improve my 3D shoot scores. Note to self, RELAX you have all the time in the world to shoot the target.

So I've got my goals set and now it's time to start making good on all of them. I wish everyone a happy and healthy new year! Enjoy life!

1 comment:

  1. Just to keep me honest...I have not kept up with my goals. So I need to refocus and set new goals. Stay tuned for a new post about goals.

    ReplyDelete